All Church Announcement
March 15, 2020
Cancellation of All Church Services, Group Bible Studies, Choir Practice and Other Church Functions Until Further Notice
As Pastor Ben stated during our live stream on YouTube earlier this morning, all Church related activities and functions are cancelled until further notification. This includes Sunday school, Sunday worship, small group Bible studies, choir practice and other Church functions. We will continue to monitor the most current information relative to the spread of the Coronavirus, and will provide updates to the congregation on a regular basis.
At the present time, the impact of the Coronavirus in the State of Pennsylvania has escalated, with 63 cases testing positive. For this reason, our primary need is to ensure the safety and well-being of all members of our congregation, as well as our family and friends. As conditions change with regard to meetings and public gatherings, we will advise you accordingly.
March 22, 2020 Sunday Morning “Live Stream”
We will offer a “live stream” of the worship service again on Sunday March 22, 2020. Once again, a small group of members along with Pastor Ben will be at the Church to provide this opportunity for those who want to watch and listen from home. During our first live stream broadcast, we had as many as 66 connections listening in. Hopefully, we will have more next Sunday as people become familiar with this type of connection to our worship service.
Please note that the “live stream” link for the YouTube connection will be communicated ahead of time by the church office – but you can always just search for “Windsor Baptist Church” on YouTube, and it should bring up the live feed.
Current Statistics on the Coronavirus
As of a few hours ago, the number of cases in Pennsylvania is now 63, and growing. The current increase in cases appears to be outside of Chester County, as we still have the same 2 cases we reported previously; however, it is anticipated that the number will increase in a relatively short period of time. All 63 patients are reported to be in isolation, either at home or in the hospital.
Announcement from Governor Tom Wolf
As we reported in our previous communication, Governor Tom Wolf announced a closure of all K-12 schools in the State of Pennsylvania for a period of 10 days. Additionally, he has put all counties in a “lock down” status, asking that all unnecessary functions be halted at this time.
Given these facts, health officials in Pennsylvania are encouraging the following actions be taken seriously:
- If you are even mildly ill, you should isolate yourself and stay home.
- Even if you don’t necessarily feel ill but have a persistent cough or sneeze, you should avoid activities outside your home as well as contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in a lined trash can. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if soap and water are not available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Monitor any symptoms you may have. Before seeking care, call your health care provider.
- Whenever you are in a gathering with others, give proper spacing. The recommendation is 6 feet of space.
- Everyone should avoid shaking hands and use other forms of greeting.
- For current updates, please refer to the official Chester Country website readychesco.org.
The decision to cancel our regular worship service is difficult; however, we trust that the Lord wants us to be wise in our desire to protect all of our members and friends to the greatest extent possible. Thank you for understanding, and please continue to pray for the safety and security of all of our members and friends of Windsor Baptist Church.
In Christ’s Service,
The Board of Elders
The Board of Deacons
Windsor Baptist Church