Windsor Baptist Church is an independent church, located in Upper Uwchlan township, in the village of Eagle, Pennsylvania. This church exists by the grace of God, for the glory of God, which shall be its ultimate purpose.
This church glorifies God by loving Him and obeying His commandments through:
- Worshipping Him in Spirit and in truth;
- Equipping the saints through the Word of God and prayer for the exercise of each one’s spiritual gifts to the building up of the church and the Kingdom of Christ;
- Proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ;
- Encouraging, supporting, and participating in the world mission of the church through Biblically faithful missions and ministries;
- Administering the ordinances of baptism and communion;
- Encouraging Biblical fellowship among believers;
- Serving our community in the name of Jesus Christ.
As a result of a revival in 1832 at Vincent Baptist Church in Chester Springs, Windsor Baptist Church was conceived. Forty-eight members from Vincent and several new Christians from the township of Uwchlan (now Upper Uwchlan) organized and established this new church on April 12, 1833.
The members met and worshiped at the home of Rev. Josiah Philips until a meeting house was built in 1833. That original structure was replaced in 1869 and continually renovated into the church building which stands today.
As God blessed and numbers grew, members branched out to form East Brandywine and East Nantmeal Baptist Churches in 1843. We believe God will continue to bless as we remain faithful to fulfilling His “Great Commission” in Matthew 28:18-20.